August 16-19, 2018
Early Mother Loss
For women who were up to age 21 when their mothers died.
Led by Hope Edelman and Claire Bidwell Smith, LCSW.
This three-night retreat is for women who've experienced early mother loss during childhood or the teen years (up to age 21). Together, we'll explore the enduring impact of a mother's death and absence; examine the messages, beliefs, and coping strategies we've carried forward; and welcome our mothers into our present-day lives. In a safe, supportive environment in Pacific Palisades, California, you'll be free to share your challenges, triumphs, and fears. A combination of group discussions, experiential exercises, and writing prompts will help you feel part of a community of women who understand.
The retreat fees include:
- Lodging (single or shared)
- All meals from Thursday dinner through Sunday breakfast
- Saturday morning yoga class
- All workshop materials
- Access to a private Facebook group for ongoing support
- Follow-up conference call
We have two package options:
- $1,099 covers the retreat, room and board for one person in a shared occupancy room.
- $1,399 covers the retreat, room and board for one person in a single occupancy room.
Please note: for registration, we require that by the first day of the retreat a minimum of one year will have passed since the date of loss.
Up to 30 days before the start date: refundable minus a $200 cancellation fee
Within 30 days of the start date: Non-refundable
Organizers reserve the right to cancel the retreat up to 30 days before start date if minimum enrollment has not been achieved. You would then receive a 100% refund of the registration fee. We suggest you purchase travel insurance when you book airline tickets to avoid flight cancellation fees.